As most Spoke readers will know I’ve been riding the alloy version of the SB95 for over a year now, and with its long and slack geometry it’s a confidence-inspiring trail weapon. Well as of today Yeti have released a carbon version of this popular bike.
It’s already up on the NZ Yeti site and a frame is gonna cost you a respectable $4200 with build kits available too, they’ll be shipping mid May.
The ultimate big wheeled trail bike just got better!
The SB95C isn’t just the most advanced 29er we’ve ever made, or the most advanced carbon frame we’ve ever designed, it might be simply the best bike we’ve built to date.
This is the culmination of more than six years of work and testing on the SB platform. There’s the revolutionary Switch Technology suspension platform, which received rave reviews on the SB-95, for snappy pedalling and predictable bump absorption; the slack, low-slung geometry that keeps the bike attached to the trail; and a new carbon frame that makes the whole package lighter and livelier.
And now we have the SB95C, which carries the same progressive geometry, short chain stays, and five-inch travel as its 29er predecessor but wraps it all in a light, stiff high-mod carbon frame that is the result of years of R&D and testing on the trails we call home. The one-bike quiver? This could be it.
• HIGH MODULUS CARBON FIBER MAIN FRAME AND SWING ARM
• SWITCH TECHNOLOGY PATENT-PENDING SUSPENSION SYSTEM
• FULLY SEALED ECCENTRIC SYSTEM
• OVERSIZED PIVOT PINS WITH ENDURO MAX BEARINGS
• SPLINED BB SHELL ACCEPTS REMOVABLE ISCG 03/05 TABS
• TAPERED INSET HEADTUBE (44MM/56MM)
• DROPOUTS ALLOW FOR 142MM X 12MM AXLE
• POST-MOUNT REAR BRAKE TAB
• INTERNAL CABLE ROUTING ON REAR TRIANGLE
• CUSTOM CHAIN-SLAP GUARDS
• CABLE STOPS FOR HEIGHT ADJUSTABLE SEAT POST
• DIRECT MOUNT FRONT DERAILLEUR
-Travel : 5.00” (127MM)
-Weight : 5.75 LBS (2.6 KG)
-Sizes : SMALL, MEDIUM, LARGE, X-LARGE
-Colors : TURQUOISE, BLACK
-Rear Shock : FOX CTD ADJUST (7.5”X2.0” / 191 MM X 51 MM)
-Bottom Bracket :73MM SHELL
– Rear Wheel :142MM SPACING – 12MM AXLE
-Front Derailleur : DIRECT LOW MOUNT (E-TYPE)
seatpost 30.9MM DIAMETER