I mentioned a few weeks back when SRAM launched its 2X10 site that we’d be seeing a few more 2X10 drivetrains. However I definitely didn’t expect it to be X7, and seeing it, I can’t believe how sweet a drivetrain it actually is. SRAM X7 features a 2X10 drivetrain, X-Glide front shifting, Exact Actuation, new PowerGlide cassette ratios, carbon cage rear derailleurs, new S1400 crank offering and Avid Elixir R brakes. SRAM 2X10 is becoming understood by riders of all levels and segments by delivering a full range of usable gears, less weight and faster and smoother shifting. We build on this with choice, and a strong materials mix aimed at mid-level XC to entry level downhillers and freeriders.
X7 10-Speed Rear Derailleur
New technologies, finish and family strategy create a cohesive performance story. X7 intends to deliver the highest value MTB components in its class. We’ve built in our award winning 10 Speed Exact Actuation shifting technology giving you XX shifting performance at the X7 level. We up- grade our materials story with a
3K carbon pulley cage. We added our new Storm Grey Finish and family graphics package.
• 10 Speed, Exact Actuation shifting • 3K carbon cage • 36t Cassette compatibility • New family finish and graphics package • Storm Grey finish • High-end materials • 3 cage lengths: long, medium and short cage
X7 10-Speed Front Derailleur
The X7 FD was designed from scratch specifically for 2X10. It’s a critical part of our X-Glide shifting experience: the fastest shift ever. Its new body is slimmer, lighter and good looking. Offered in a wide variety of clamp-mount and direct- mount options.
• Designed for 2x10 • Dual pull routing • High and low direct mount options • Storm grey finish
X7 10-Speed Trigger Shifters
We’ve added our award winning 10 Speed Exact Actuation shifting technology to the new X7 shifters providing XX shifting performance at the X7 level. The X7 Trigger maintains the legacy of SRAM shifting with new technologies optimized for 2X10. Exact Actuation 10-Speed rear shifters and dedicated 2X10 front shifters. Our new finish and graphics package create a cohesive high performance story.
• Dedicated 2X10. • 10-Speed Exact Actuation Ratio Technology. • New storm grey finish and family graphics package • Matchmaker Compatibility • Removable Clamp • Impulse Technology • Slim Profile Design • Top Cap Cable Change
S1400 2X10 Crank
2X10: Lightning-fast and accurate front shifting, through an all-new, patented, mind-blowing performance technology: X-Glide.
Labeling and finish mesh perfectly with SRAM drivetrain families. S1400 features our OCT Hollow Forged crankarms that are beautiful, strong and light. Our new GXP bottom bracket featuring Gutter Seal technology promises reduced seal drag and increased bearing life.
Features • OCT - hollow forged crankarms • 2X10 X-Glide chain rings • XR GXP BB system featuring Gutter Technology • Brushed crankarm texture • Family finish and graphics
Amazing ride quality achieved through our Tapered Bore* and improved pivot location. Less initial power and deep stroke modulation allows the rider to better use and control more powerful brakes. More power through larger caliper pistons.
• Tapered bore lever with integrated reservoir • Tools free reach adjust • Two-piece caliper top loading pads • MatchMaker compatible • Improved modulation • Increased power • Reduced weight
The new PowerGlideTM 1050 cassette performance is optimized by material choice, tooth profile and shift ramp design for quick and positive index shifting. Our new cassette features a semi-spidered construction for a maximum stiffness to weight ratio and is available in many optimized configurations to best match a wide variety of uses.
• PG-1050 cassette ranges - 11-32, 12-36T • Steel Lockring and lockring finish • Cog spacers and spacer finish • A new choice for high level 10 speed shifting performance. • PowerGlide technology allows for a unmatched transition between gears when up and down shifting • Semi-spidered design is light, strong, and efficient
X7 Hub set
The smoothness of cartridge bearings at X7 level
• The first hub offering cartridge bearings at this price point • The SRAM brand name and the full service worldwide • Consistent spec and artwork
Available in New Zealand in August