Whether it's to combat third party direct mount chain rings or not, SRAM today has announced their own direct mount set of rings to fit XX1, XO1 and the 1400 model version of X1. This means lighter weight and a simpler system, with the only trade off really being the fact that to change chain rings, you'll now have to remove your cranks first. Read on for pictures, weights and availability. Make SRAM 1x™ even better with the simplicity of the new SRAM X-SYNC™ Direct Mount chain ring. Engineered in Germany, the new Direct Mount rings bring lighter weight and greater simplicity to XX1, X01 and X1-1400 cranksets. SRAM’s Direct Mount rings give riders the perfect opportunity for a serious upgrade.
CRANK OPTIONS After market cranksets ship with a 32T X-SYNC™ Direct Mount chain ring.
- X1 1400 compatible
FEATURES / BENEFITS
- Fully CNC AL rings
- X-SYNC™ technology
- Lighter weight than spider version (~25-50g depending on size)
- Sizes: 26, 28, 30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40
- Weights: GXP – 61g (26T), 66g (28T), 68g (30T), 71g (32T), 76g (34T), 91g (36T), 101g (38T), 119g (40T). BB30 – 52g (26T), 58g (28T), 61g (30T), 66g (32T), 71g (34T), 82g (36T), 94g (38T), 106g (40T).
Available December: 30, 32, 34
Available April: 26, 28, 36, 38, 40
- SRAM X-SYNC™ 1x™ chain rings provide the highest level of performance and durability in the market
- The SRAM X-SYNC™ tall square teeth edges engage the chain earlier than traditional triangle shaped teeth
- The sharp and narrow tooth profile, as well as rounded chamfer edges, help manage a deflected chain
- To provide the best possible performance in muddy conditions, the X-SYNC™ chain rings have been designed with mud-clearing recesses for the inner chain links and rollers
- Engineered in Germany, X-SYNC™ rings are an integral part of the SRAM 1x™ Accept no imitation.
X-SYNC™ DIRECT MOUNT CHAIN RING – 30-, 32-, 34-TOOTH OPTIONS