OSAKA (April 16, 2015) – With DEORE XT M8000, Shimano has elevated the performance level and options of the industry’s original mountain bike component group to accommodate limitless riding adventures. With DEORE XT M8000, Shimano delivers XTR-level features, premium performance and value.
Now 11-speed, the new DEORE XT M8000 offers unique drivetrain solutions, including modular crank arms and the addition of a more trail focused 1x11 with an expanded 11-42T Rhythm Step cassette. DEORE XT remains the go-to option for XC, trail and enduro riders and racers. Major improvements like redesigned derailleurs, lighter and wider-rimmed wheels and new M8000 brake levers are coupled with improvements in durability and smooth performance from a refined bottom bracket, and SIL-TEC treatments –all showcasing Shimano’s systems engineering approach and elevating DEORE XT to a new level.
EXPANDED RHYTHM STEP GEAR OPTIONS
Like its XTR sibling, DEORE XT M8000 offers 1x11, 2x11, and 3x11 crank options to satisfy any type of rider ability level or terrain. An exciting addition for DEORE M8000 is a 1x11 specific 11-42T cassette that expands Shimano’s 1x11 gear range slightly over the race inspired 11-40T of XTR. New 2x11 and 3x11 M8000 drivetrains, expand range while maintaining even better rhythm when paired with an 11-40T cassette for optimized cadence control.
• HG-X11 specific tooth profile
• Aluminum spider
• Aluminum (40T/42T) and steel cogs
• Rhythm Step progression
(11-42T compatible with Deore XT M8000 1x11 system only)
DEORE XT CRANKS RIDER TUNED FOR ANY TERRAIN
DEORE XT FC-M8000 cranks offer the ability to mix-and-match chain rings on the same crank. For race days and the trails riders know intimately, a focused 1x11 drivetrain can save weight and clean up a handlebar. But for those times where exploration takes priority over speed, Shimano’s close step 2x11 offers the range for more varied riding environments. Fortunately, the FC-M8000 crank can run both 1x11 or 2x11 DEORE XT chainrings on its 176mm q-factor crank arms and be changed when desired.
Shimano’s drive train engineering legacy is on display with the DYNAMIC CHAIN ENGAGEMENT (DCE) 1x11 tooth profile in new XTR and DEORE XT groups. DYNAMIC CHAIN ENGAGEMENT increases chain retention force by 150%, drastically decreasing dropped chains. Steel chain ring teeth provide long life and lasting chain retention.
All the new DEORE XT cranks turn on an updated bottom bracket. Using smaller, lighter bearings and a seal system proven on both XTR and road groups, the new bottom bracket reduces weight and bearing drag while improving lifespan.
• Most advanced DEORE XT chainrings ever produced
o Long wearing and great shifting
o Carbon/stainless steel construction (outer or middle ring)
• 1x11 with Dynamic Chain Engagement DYNAMIC CHAIN ENGAGEMENT
o Offered in 30T, 32T, and 34T
o DCE 1x11 specific tooth profile
• True Trail double
o Smaller outer chain ring and larger inner chain ring for steep climbing
o Offered in 34-24T, 36-26T, 38-28T
• Bold 3x11 for the lowest gear and widest range ever produced
o Offered in 40-30-22T
• B-Series cranks offered for Boost 148 frames
o +3mm outboard chain line
o 1x11 with 30T, 32T, and 34T
o 2x 11with 36-26T
• New bottom bracket
o Press fit and threaded options
o Improved durability
o Reduced seal drag
o Lighter weight
REDESIGNED, LIGHTER ACTION DERAILLEURS
Both the front and rear DEORE XT M8000 derailleurs receive a complete makeover. The DEORE XT M8000 rear derailleur features Shimano’s pioneering Shadow Plus technology and a refined geometry for increased stability. The Shadow Plus is also now more easily adjustable for either maximum stability or lower shift effort.
• New Shadow design with optimized, shallow slant angle
• Extremely low profile design
• Reduced shift effort
• Improved driving and shifting stability
• External adjusting clutch tension
• 1x11 and 2x11 compatible GS and 3x11 compatible SGS options
• High efficiency pulleys adapted for cross-chain riding feature taller tooth profile for improved shifting
• Direct mount compatible
Debuted on XTR M9000, the DEORE XT Side Swing front derailleur brings a drastic reduction in shift effort while also increasing tire clearance. To support Boost 148, Shimano will also offer compatible mounting for its M8000 series front derailleurs.
• FD-M8020 2x11 and FD-M8000 3x11 options
• Light, crisp shift action
• New structure with current mounting options and new cable routing
o High clamp, Low clamp, D-type, E-type (without plate)
• Increased tire clearance of allows for shorter chainstays
• Designed with long travel trail bikes in mind
• Direct mount specs are Boost 148 compatible (same FD – offset mount)
DEORE XT SHIFTERS ENHANCE FEEL, ERGONOMICS, REDUCE SHIFT EFFORT
Shimano’s new DEORE XT M8000 shifters feature improved ergonomics and longer, textured levers that create an enhanced interface between rider and controls and decrease shift effort. MULTI RELEASE shifting increases trail capability while Vivid indexing guarantees shift accuracy.
• 20% lower shift effort
• Improved vivid index mechanism
• New ergonomics
• Textured levers
• Multi / Instant and 2-WAY release
• Available in standard, I-spec & I-spec II
INDUSTRY-STANDARD BRAKING IS EVEN BETTER
DEORE XT hydraulic disc brakes are the industry benchmark for affordable high performance. With M8000, Shimano retains that standard while upgrading with a new, integrated master cylinder. This gives a sleeker look, saves weight and frees up valuable handlebar space. Like on past models, DEORE XT brakes retain tool-free reach adjust and Free Stroke adjust.
• Trail rated for power
• Servo Wave levers offer high power and short stroke
• Integrated master cylinder is lighter, cleaner and more durable
• Refined Servo Wave for improved feel and feedback
• Narrow clamp band offers increased adjustment
• Free stroke and tool-free reach adjust
LIGHTER, WIDER RIMMED DEORE XT RACE AND TRAIL WHEELS
The WH-M8000-TL-275/29 and WH-M8020-TL-275/29 offer new UST tubeless-ready aluminum rims in 20mm and 24mm internal width respectively. Each rim provides a wider platform for modern mountain bike tires while also saving 40 grams over previous models. All wheel sets use 28 butted spokes both front and rear and include a new hub seal structure.
• UST tubeless aluminum options
o Trail (WH-M8020) with 24C UST tubeless rim
o Race (WH-M8000) with 20C UST tubeless rim
• New lightweight hubs feature improved seal structures
• 28 butted spokes front and rear
• Hand-built Shimano quality
DEORE XT PEDALS OFFER WIDER, REDESIGNED PLATFORM
Shimano’s new PD-M8000 Race and PD-M8020 Trail pedals offer legendary SPD performance that improves the rider experience at this vital connection point. With increased stability and contact area over the previous generation, power, control and confidence are improved.
• Race (PD-M8000) and Trail (PD-M8020) models
• 2.8mm wider platform increases stability PD-M8000 (vs PD-M780)
• 3.3mm wider platform increases stability PD-M8020 (vs PD-M785)
• Lower platform height by 0.5mm
• Increased pedal-to-shoe contact area improves efficiency
o PD-M8000 Race: 7.7% more contact (vs PD-M780)
o PD-M8020 Trail: 11.7 more contact (vs PD-M785)