You know what’s missing from your 1x drivetrain? Protection and security. Somewhere in the rush to simplify our drivetrains, we all dropped the formerly ubiquitous bash guard. On top of that, we put all of our trust in newfangled chainring tooth designs that promised drop-free performance.
Now a few years into the 1x revolution, we’re finding our naked drivetrains don’t take nicely to the rocky, technical trails we enjoy at the speed our high-tech carbon wonder bikes encourage us to go. Not only that, we’re tired of replacing our chains and chainrings every few hundred miles simply so we’re not constantly putting our chain back on trail side. Make dropped chains, damaged chainrings, and any worry that your chain isn’t on your ring as you sprint out of a corner, a thing of the past.
High-security chain retention and bulletproof chainring defense in an innovative, lightweight package withzero efficiency loss make the SXg ideal for a wide range of uses. Whippersnapper™ technology provideslower retention without moving parts or friction. The most advanced chainguide on the market, the SXg isthe go-to of the top Rampage stuntmen, World Cup downhill pilots, and superhuman enduro tacticians.
• Whippersnapper lower guide halts the otherwise drop-inducing chain whiplash caused by deep compressionsand successive hits.
• Full-size, nylon HD upper guide with co-molded TPUmaterial on the interior walls and ceiling that silenceschain contact.
• Aluminum and Carbon backplate options provide a stifffoundation at two price points.
• Integrated SX skid provides safeguard to the chainringand glides over rocks and obstacles.
• Nylon and TPU co-molding in the Whippersnapperprovides durable protection from external blows andmutes internal contact with the chain.
• Swingset technology allows for the upper guide and skidto conveniently swing out of the way during installationand service procedures.
• Two rear skid mounting positions in the backplate areprovided to accommodate a range of chainring sizes.
• All installation and adjustment operations are possiblewith just a single 4mm HEX wrench.
• Available in 30-34t and 34-38t sizing.
• Alloy guides compatible with chainlines 49mm andwider, carbon 50mm and wider. Boost 148 compatible.• ISCG-05 only.
• 106g (30-34t Carbon ISCG-05) - 149g (34-38t Alloy ISCG-05)