Even though I had the embargoed files on my computer I still managed to miss the release time of Ibis’ new bumbag compatible HD Generation 3. Not that it was much of a secret, I mean Anne-Caro has been racing a prototype for quite a bit of the EWS season and there have been sneak peaks here and here. Well as of today it’s all official and it looks amazing, scanning through the numbers everything looks hunky dory although the seat tube angle looks a tiny bit slack for some Spoke staffers, but until we get some time on it we can’t say. And unlike other past Ibis releases, delivery is set for the first week of December! That’s right, no waiting a year for this bike! Oh yeah and thanks to the new patented All-Duro™ bottle cage it’s now bumbag compatible!!!
The new Mojo HD (HD3 for short) is the third act in the Mojo HD/Mojo HDR trailbike trilogy. Everything is new from the ground-up, notably featuring the latest and greatest refinement of the famed DW-link suspension. Geometry is fully modern: longer, lower and slacker, with 6” of plush rear wheel travel. We’ve built in versatile internal routing and updated the frame design, allowing us to put a water bottle on top of the downtube. We also achieve a drop in weight and pedalling performance on par with the Ripley, so the bike is very fast going up, and scary fast going down.
· 650b (27.5″) wheels
· The most advanced version of the DW-link suspension on the planet
· 6” of rear wheel travel
· Weight for the frame and shock, size large, matte finish: 5.9 lbs
· 67 degree head angle with a 150mm fork (66.6º with 160 fork)
· Shock specs: Fox Float CTD Adjust Factory Series with Kashima Coat, 7.875″ x 2.25″, 175lb boost, med velocity, med rebound, LV can, .92in3 volume spacer
· Optional shock: Cane Creek DBinline
· ISCG 05 compatible with removable adapter
· Threaded bottom bracket
· Super versatile internal cable routing including internal dropper routing.
· Optional polycarbonate down tube cable guard
· Chain stay length: 16.9″
· 12 x 142mm Maxle rear axle
· 160mm post mount left dropout, carbon fiber
· Tapered Head Tube and Steerer
· Up to 2.4″ rear tire depending on brand and height of cornering knobs
· Dual row angular contact bearings on the drive side of the lower link that have less play than standard sealed bearings. Preload adjustment is not necessary. Large 28mm x 15mm x 7mm radial bearings on the non drive side for stiffness and long wear
· Bottom Bracket height 13.4″
· Removable direct mount front derailleur mount for a clean 1X look