It’s been a pretty product heavy last 24 hours but what better to finish things off than with the news that the folks at Fox Racing Shox have gone and upgraded their entire line of forks. A completely redesigned 36 all mountain/enduro fork headlines the lineup, along with updates to the rest of the line that are a direct result of the 34 RAD (Racing Applications Development) project during the 2013 race season. Now as you can see from the above photo, the new 36 has moved back to pinch bolts; I know haters are gonna hate, but really, when was the last time you took your front wheel off? It’s not often and playing devils advocate here, I’d rather have a super stiff, versatile axle than an easy to remove wheel with a hub that may compromise front wheel play. Anyway I’m sure you’ll let us know what you think. A lot of the nitty gritty info has been left out, no doubt over the coming week individual details will be fleshed out a little more. Read on:
FOX is celebrating its 40th anniversary since Bob Fox started redefining ride dynamics in the motocross world in 1974. Our entire fork lineup has received attention, with significant updates being made to the 32 and 34 models and a completely redesigned 36 series—some of the most exciting product offerings we’ve ever introduced. FOX will also be offering special edition stealth black forks and heritage graphic kits that will fit any FOX fork or shock.
40 YEARS OF FOX PHILOSOPHY: DEVELOP IN EXTREME ENVIRONMENTS WITH DEMANDING ATHLETES
In 1974, Bob set out on a quest to build a better motocross suspension. His approach was to work with top athletes at the racetrack to help them improve. Our current-day Racing Applications Development (RAD) program continues to work with athletes at the top of their game on some of the most demanding terrain around the world.
Several key developments from the RAD program have been used in the 2015 product line. New compression tunes, redesigned damper seals, and lubrication oil all add up to performance improvements.
• 32 & 34 forks have updated damping tunes for better small bump compliance and traction
• 32 & 34 Factory models offer on-the-fly CTD damping adjustment and 7-click Trail mode fine tuning
• 32 & 34 & 36 forks feature a redesigned seal head architecture that virtually eliminates breakaway force
• 32, 34, 36, & 40 use an advanced lubrication oil that integrates Molybdenum from the Kashima Coat formula
OUR LIGHTEST 36 RC2 FORK EVER: REDESIGNED FOR 26, 27.5 AND 29” WHEEL SIZES
The model year 2015 36 offers rigidity and improved traction for all-mountain riding and enduro racing in a new lighter chassis. Also of note is its updated geometry, new convertible thru-axle design that works both with 15mm and 20mm, purpose-built RC2 damper, and redesigned air spring system that equalizes rider weight for increased traction.
• Lighter: half-pound weight savings over its predecessor (starting at 4.19lbs/1901g)
• 36-specific RC2 damper: redesigned valve system provides better small bump compliance, reduced friction, better traction, and wider tuning range
• Redesigned air spring system: equalizes rider weight for increased traction
• Convertible thru-axle design: works with 15mm and 20mm axles
Heritage Fork & Shock Decal Kits
Reminiscent to the first motocross decals these heritage graphics come in an array of colors.
• Works with any fork or shock regardless of model or year
• Each set includes decals for FOX fork and FOX shock
• Available in red, blue, white, green, and tennis ball yellow
Stealth FLOAT Forks
For a limited time, FOX is offering three blacked out FLOAT fork models with stealth black decals and black anodized knobs.
• 32 29”/100mm CTD w/Trail Adjust
• 34 27.5”/160mm CTD w/Trail Adjust
• 40 26”/203mm RC2