If 2015 wasn’t already looking to be the best year ever to be a mountain biker in New Zealand, this announcement should pretty much firm up that fact. The (James) Dodzy Memorial is back and by now you should pretty much know the drill and at least know someone that has been to either of the two previous events. Dodzy left us just over two years ago, but I think given the growth of mountain biking, it’s conceivable that there’s a bunch of mountain bikers out there now that may not realise the legacy or impact Dodzy left behind. Dodzy helped shape mountain biking in New Zealand, whether it be through his and partner Gabby’s skills courses, his race mentoring or through his trail building and bike design. We need to remember that the Dodzy Memorial Enduro is exactly that: a time to remember James Dodds, and to ride and race on trails that he helped design and build.
Dust off the knee pads, give the kids $20 bucks and send them to the neighbours, grab a hanky to wipe the froth from your mouth, and ask Santa for a full-face for Christmas – The Dodzy Memorial Enduro is back for 2015.
RHL NZ and the Staff of Wairoa Gorge MTB Park are happy to announce the DME will take place at the Wairoa Gorge MTB Park, February 7/8 2015.
The format will be largely unchanged with:
– An Open Shuttle day on Saturday the 7th, (Including a short seeding run open all day).
– The good old Deville debrief in Nelson on the evening of Saturday 7th.
– Race day with three timed runs proceeded by a prize giving will follow on Sunday 8th.
• The entry fee – $150
• Free event t-shirt.
• The Golden Ticket up for grabs.
• Heaps of spotprizes from out legendary sponsors.
• A huge feed each day from Dave the Scottish.
• Water will be taken from the river and turned into magic golden flowing Coffee available for you.
• Massage tent onsite.
• The best trails in the southeastern Tasman area.
All in all we are hoping to again have 250 participants.
We will release 150 entries on November 3rd at 1200 noon.
50 entries are for guests and sponsors.
The last 50 entries will be subject to vehicle availability.
The entry link will be posted on the event Facebook site at 12pm Midday, Monday November 3rd.
Any questions email email@example.com
Event information, times etc will be emailed to successful entrants and will also be put up on this page.