Frankly Thursday with Chris Beverland
How old are you?
Where do you live?
Huntlyish, Beaver Land
Who makes it possible?
Transition bikes, Unit clothing and motivation.
A two size too big Avanti Barracuda with RockShox Indy Cs. Think I still have the head tube!
What can you not live without?
Hmmm, good beer, deluxe homemade hamburgers and my iPod.
When youre not riding bikes you are?
Dirt and cattle farmer in no particular order.
What are your favourite five albums?
1) Any Melvins album
2) Kyuss – And the Circus Leaves Town
3) Pixies – Bossanova.
4) Tool – Ænima
5) The Best of Head Like a Hole
What are your favourite five video parts?
1) I guess the old hell track footage from New World Disorder back in the day was cutting new ground.
2) Bender’s hucks although ridiculous were entertaining.
3) Thomas Vanderham’s part in Seasons was big!
4) From way back in New Zealand’s MTB vid archives was watching Glen Sisarich kill it on the big bike and also Tim Nelson who rode really fast.
Whats wrong with mountain biking?
New Zealand’s main problem is lack of population and people on bikes for any serious momentum to be built. Although places like Q Town and Rotorua are on the money these days. Huntly still has work to do.
Whats right with mountain biking?
The freedom and simplicity it’s based on.
Who do you look up to?
Travis Pastrana is probably the most talented sportsperson on the planet, he’s ridiculously good at everything. Steve Peat, old and still on top. Proof age shouldn’t be an excuse for lameness.
Ever worn Lycra?
Yep in my road cycling days when I was 14. Lucky I got wiser with age, no Lycra and no road!
What are your vices?
Probably beer, or more correctly beers.