The Altitude will be our key platform for enduro racing and aggressive trail riding. Ridden by the Rocky Mountain Race Face Enduro team, this bike is fast. Already race proven, the re-designed Altitude is now more capable than ever.
The goal with the redesign was to create a bike that would be competitive on today’s racetracks while still being a ton of fun for those getting out on weekends. We might not all smash racetracks and stand on podiums like Jesse Melamed, but we can all relate to the feeling of committing to ride a little faster or hitting that feature you usually skip over. The Altitude has everything that you need to take your riding to the next level. Altitude Carbon
A SIMPLER LINEUP
Over the last several seasons the Altitude and Instinct BC have reigned supreme in the enduro category. Designed for aggressive riding at the highest level, the Rocky Mountain Race Face Enduro team has favored the 29” wheeled Instinct BC in recent seasons. We’re consolidating the Altitude and Instinct BC platform under one name, giving Altitude ownership of the enduro category.
Looking at the needs of shorter riders vs. taller riders, we’ve introduced a wheelsize split with our medium Altitude frame. Our size small frame is offered with 27.5” wheels and an adjusted frame design to give riders a comfortable amount of standover height, while the size medium frame maintains the silhouette of the large and extra-large frames but is available in either 27.5” or 29” to accommodate proper fitment. For riders that are tall enough to ride large or extra-large frames, the Altitude is offered with a 29” wheel only.
THE EVOLUTION OF SIZE SPECIFIC TUNE
With a suspension curve that provides a supple beginning-stroke, supportive mid-stroke, and progressive end-stroke, our engineers designed these bikes for hard riding on technical trails. Our product team goes above and beyond by creating custom shock tunes for every frame size to ensure riders of all heights experience how we intended the Altitude to feel.
Our size small frame is visibily different from size medium through extra large as we’ve introduced a unique shock size and kinematic to ensure the desired ride quality. No matter what size of rider you are, our bikes are designed to perform at their best.
In pursuit of true versatility, the Altitude has been updated to include a variety of new frame features. We’re always looking for ways to take our bikes to the next level, which leads our engineers to incorporate thoughtful ideas through flawless integration. Added benefits like the ability to control the balance between stability and playfulness, ease of maintenance, and frame durability are just the beginning for these bikes.
10mm chainstay adjustment
• Long = high speed stability
• Short = playfulness
• Dedicated Rocky Mountain 180mm brake mount supplies, no extra parts needed
• New Rocky Mountain hanger
• SRAM UDH compatible in Long mode
RIDE-9 adjustment system
• The RIDE-9 adjustment system allows riders to quickly fine-tune their geometry and suspension with a pair of Allen keys. Nine configurations are possible thanks to two interlocking chips
Modular shock mount
• Allows for future suspension kinematic updates
• Only available on carbon models
Internal guides (Carbon models) and large ports (Alloy models)
• Full guided internally for easy cable and hose management
• Moto style compatible
• Secured for a rattle-free setup
Updated tube profile
• Modern look with a focus on front triangle stiffness for steering precision
Added protection, guards, and chainguide
• Downtube protection, noise canceling chainstay protection, “Canadian Shield yoke protection, and downtube shuttle guard
• New Rocky Mountain “Canadarm” mount with OneUp Components V2 Top Guide
Dual bearings at the chainstay and seatstay
• Increased stiffness and durability. Shielded bearings featured on all pivots including at the lower shock mount (compatible with aftermarket shocks as well)
• 170mm, 44mm (FOX) or 42mm (RockShox) offset fork
• Max tire clearance is 29 x 2.6
• Max chainring size 34t – Min chainring size 30t
• Sizes: M-XL
– Frame & Fox X2 shock: 3.4 kg (7.49 lbs), size Large
– Altitude Carbon 90 Rally Edition complete: 14.6 kg (32.3 lbs), size Medium
– Altitude Carbon 70 complete: 14.5 kg (31.9 lbs), size Medium
– Altitude Alloy 70 complete: 16.1 kg (35.4 lbs), size Medium
* Note: Complete bikes and frameset weights include protector, chainguide, seat collar, and rear axle: 94.5 g (0.2 lbs)