The Instinct Powerplay will take you to the places you never thought possible. When it comes time to head out the door for that all-day ride into the alpine, you’ll be riding further and faster than ever before on what is our most versatile e-MTB yet.
We’ve grown the Instinct Powerplay line-up by introducing three new models that feature a carbon front triangle. Using three different types of carbon we’ve increased strength, stiffness, and impact resistance, all while decreasing the overall weight of the bike. We’ve also grown our battery size to 672Wh, meaning you can ride more, faster, further. The Instinct Powerplay is perfect for long, epic rides!
We developed our own drive system, so we could maintain the geometry, handling, and ride characteristics that our bikes are known for. The other systems on the market today force frame designs to be compromised rather than seamlessly integrated like ours. Our battery is stored within the downtube of our frames and the drive system itself is nicely tucked above the bottom bracket at the base of the seat tube.
Designed in Canada, in collaboration with Propulsion Powercycle, the Dyname 3.0 drive system is a sleek, lightweight, and powerful electric assist that pushes the boundaries of electric bikes. Its compact, low-mounted motor allows us to design electric mountain bikes to our suspension and handling standards—with proper geometry and ideal pivot placement. The system provides class-leading power, instant response, and super-fast charging.
• Now available with a Smoothwall Carbon front triangle and FORM alloy rear triangle
• The Dyname™ 3.0 drive system • The iWoc TRIO remote is more compact and robust than the previous version
• The RIDE-9 adjustment system allows riders to quickly fine-tune their geometry and suspension with a pair of Allen keys.
• All sizes are water bottle compatible, however smaller sizes will need to use the 2-bottle offside adapter provided.
• New mid-drive slider controls the force of the chain and directs it to the drive pinion, while reducing noise.
• Standard PF92 bottom bracket is shop serviceable and easily replaceable
• Single-sided chainstay and seatstay pivots for a narrower rear triangle—reduces heel rub, even with Boost spacing
• Enduro MAX cartridge bearing pivots with simplified hardware
• Shock-eyelet bearings for small-bump sensitivity• Designed around 29×2.6 Maxxis Rekon EXO tires for efficient riding; compatible with 27.5+ tires
• Clean and tidy: oversized downtube ports for ease of cable routing, with full-length internal dropper post routing and internal brake routing in the front triangle• Lightweight bolt-on axle for reduced hardware complexity and extra security in e-MTB applications
• Tapered ZS44 | ZS56 headset
• Boost spacing• 1x specific
• Metric shock, 210mm x 55mm
• Weight: – Instinct Powerplay Carbon 90, size Medium: 22.62 kg / 49.9 lbs (including inner tubes, no pedals)